For the duration of the Coronavirus outbreak we will continue to operate as normally as possible, subject to the following policies in relation to compliance, external contact and travel:
- We will adhere to government and other official advice, guidance and instructions, and adapt to any changes as and when they are made in order to safeguard our staff, clients and business contacts.
- To prevent unnecessary spread of the virus our default attendance policy will be for staff to operate from home, communicating by phone and electronically. Trips to the office will be minimised and only made when necessary or appropriate.
- We will not attend external meetings or host meetings at our offices unless they are critical to the execution of our work, or they are a requirement of statutory timetables and / or court or tribunal directions, and there is no reasonable alternative.
- Property inspections are an integral and necessary part of the process of valuation and, provided they are not prohibited by official instructions, we will need to continue with them if we are to provide an effective service to our clients. However, in the current circumstances;
- We will restrict inspections to those that are critical to the execution of our work, and / or that are a requirement of statutory timetables and / or court or tribunal directions, and where there is no adequate alternative means of viewing the property such as virtual tours, photographs, plans etc, and
- Where an inspection is required it will only take place once appropriate arrangements have been agreed for the reasonable protection of all attendees.
- We will not attend corporate, social or other training events until further notice.
Owing to the fast-moving nature of the outbreak, any updates or alterations to our policies will be posted on our website at www.m-js.co.uk/news.
Thank you for your understanding.